The last time that I have “checked” into Social Media by posting things about my life has been since 2020 and to be honest, I didn’t miss it at all! This blog used to be for my photography business which I still do take a few clients a year – I love being creative and working with You! I turn 34 in a couple of weeks and this past year has been full of challenges, emotions, learning the hard staff, and still trying to rejoice in the good. It has been a year of firsts and lasts, a year of experiences and growing, a year of crying and laughing. This year I have learned so much about myself and how to trust in the Lord. He has guided us on our decisions this past year and has brought comfort in the difficult times. My quiet mornings with a cup of coffee and my bible, a prayer book or a devotional has become one of my favorite parts of my day! I’d like to say I have it all planned out, but I don’t, I can’t. We are taking it a day at a time and still trying to reach for those dreams. God will lead us to which ones we should be focusing on. After really being taught this year, that we are not guaranteed tomorrow – we have to take each day, make the most of it and in the things we do – glorify God! This will be a list of things that I am dreaming of, working towards, goals, or things that I love!
A few years ago I made a 30 before 30 bucket list. I made it to try and hold me accountable for my dreams and goals. I made it to have something to look forward to, to work towards. A few of these things, I will be taking off my bucket list and I will probably add a few others. I enjoy looking back at this to see how far we have come and where we can still go. Dreams change, goals change and that is ok. I am hoping to do the things I truly love and have people in my life that make it better in every way. I can’t wait to see what 34 will bring my way!
My Bucket List
1. Visit 911 Memorial
2. Visit Yellowstone
3. Visit Europe – Italy, Greece, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Netherland, UK, Ireland, Sweden
4. Visit St. Lucia or another Island in the Caribbean
5. Visit Hawaii
6. Visit all 50 states. I need to go to: Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Alaska, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
7. See the Northern Lights in Alaska – We would love to go on a Cruise for this 🙂
8. Host a Friendsgiving – Update 2/19 – We have such an array of friends and not a big enough house to host, so this may have to wait until we move!
9. Learn Italian
10. Build our Dream House and Sell our Lincoln Home
11. Cook at Home and buy more Local
12. Savings Plan for Retirement, House, Ryan’s Hunt, and Pay off two Semi Trucks
13. Create Travel Photo Books of our Adventures and update Blog Posts
14. Read 12 books this year – Check out the Blog Post here!
15. Take a pottery class
16. Try 52 new recipes – Check out the Blog Post here!
17. Take a train to somewhere in the US
18. Find a Job when I move or start an online career of some sort
19. Brush up on my Spanish and or Learn a bit of French
20. Finish reading the Bible and do my Daily Devotionals. I am currently on 2nd Samuel.
21. Visit Martinsville Racetrack for a Nascar Race
22. Visit Monterey and Carmel-by-the-Sea for Wine Tasting
23. Blog about more personal adventures – Take a look at some of the Honeymoon adventures on the blog!!! Update 4/18 – I will be going on three different trips this year so make sure to check back for these adventures! Update 2/19 – I went on a few trips last year and am finally getting around to editing those photos, so hopefully I will get them done soon! Update 3/20 – Still haven’t updated the blog, but I did get the Oregan and South Carolina trip edited! Update 1/23 – I do really want to make this blog more of a travel blog and create books with our adventures.
Previous Goals and Updates
Meal Plan and Follow a monthly budget – Update in 4/18 – Meal Planning went out the window. But, we have put a budget in place and have done really well with it so far! We have even started putting money away for retirement and trips, each week! Update 2/19 – I would still like to do this. I have been recording what I eat to see how it makes me feel. I have been having some stomach aches after eating certain things so I am trying to figure out what they exactly are. Update 3/20 – THIS HAS TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR!!! Update 1/23 – I am going to keep this on my list, but change it a bit. We are wanting to cook at home more with fresh and more local ingredients! We do have a budget, that we follow for the necessities, but having some savings goals this year will be added.
Learn how to make buttercream icing – I have tried this before and it did turn out!
Visit Paris, Italy and Greece – We are planning for 2020! Update 3/20 – this trip has postponed. We learned that Greece isn’t the safest, and Ryan has not been to Hawaii. It will be his last state before he has visited all 50. So we are planning that for 2021! Update 1/23 – Well Thanks, COVID. Trips really took a back seat, so hopefully 2024! Not really crossing this off, but changing the goals above.
Visit Mayan Ruins – Update 1/23 – We went to Mexico this January, but didn’t leave the resort, Maybe next time, maybe not, I am taking this off the list for now!
Redo the Kitchen, living room and bedroom flooring – Plan to repaint the kitchen cabinets are in the works for May of this year! Update 2/19 – My mom painted the cabinets and they look amazing! We have also bought the flooring and backsplash and have our countertops picked out! Update 3/20 – We have our kitchen 95% done! Just need to install the fan and a few pieces of trim. The living room floor is done and our arches are gone! Update 1/23 – Everything is DONE!
Get caught up on Scrapbooks – I really don’t think that this is going to happen, so I may make some Shutterfly books instead. Update 3/20 – I would still like to update my Shutterfly books or at least get all of my photos organized by year. Update 1/23 – This goal is jut probably not going to get accomplished. I will be crossing this goal off!
Begin Yoga – Update 4/18 – I will be starting Yoga in June 2018! Update 2/19 – I Loved doing Yoga, but got so busy with wedding season, so I postponed my membership until June 2019. Update 3/20 – I still have my gym membership. I love Yoga and Zumba, but might cancel this year and try this OBE program. Update 1/23 – though I do love Yoga and Zumba, I have been doing more walking this past year. I will be crossing this goal off!
Be part owner of a Winery – Still our Dream! – Update 3/20 – This is becoming a reality! Ryan and I are so excited to be patterning with Les and Trish to learn the business and how to make wine! The transfer will happen over the course of the next 10 years!
Update – 1/23 – As of August of 2022, Ryan and I have decided not to purchase CVW. It was a very difficult decision, but we feel that it was the right decision to make.
Be a mentor for photography – Update 2/19 – I was a part of the Omaha Photo Collaborative Group and was able to be a mentor for a few months. It was a great experience!
Shoot an In-Home Engagement Session – Update 4/18 – This In-home session was a blast! I can’t wait to do another one!
Put together a Styled Shoot – Update 4/18 – Celene with CK Artistry, Natalie with I Bloom and Adorned Bridal were a part of this amazing shoot that Schuyler had modeled for!
Visit Australia – Done in October 2015 for our honeymoon!
Eat the Waffle Mac n’ Cheese at Andiron Steak and Sea in Las Vegas – Done in December of 2015 for our Christmas Road Trip!
Tour Wine Country in California – Done in December 2015. My husband and I ended up purchasing 16 great bottles of wine and a case of beer 🙂
Learn Calligraphy – This was so cool! I hope to continue to practice this technique!
I have loved looking back at this to see what all I have done and what we still want to accomplish. Can’t wait to see what the next 30 years bring! #dreamchasin