Well, 30 came and went just about as fast as the first 5 years of life! This past year has been full of changes, both career and personal. It was a year that if I am completely being honest was just ok. Everything always seemed to happen at the same time and I just felt very busy but not actually getting much accomplished. I have been learning more about myself and how to stand up for what I believe in. I am in the middle of a mindset shift, which is very strange! Not really a pre-midlife crisis, but I just don’t tolerate “stupid” things anymore. I am striving for a life of simplicity, peace, and happiness. No more of this craziness! Here is to more learning and becoming the best version of me that I can be!
Four years ago I made a 30 before 30 bucket list. I made it to try and hold me accountable for my dreams and goals. I made it to have something to look forward to, to work towards. A few of these things, I will be taking off my bucket list and I will probably add a few others. I enjoy looking back at this to see how far we have come and where we can still go. I am hoping to find more peace within myself in my 30’s, I am hoping to begin to do the things I truly love and have the people in my life that make it better in every way. I can’t wait to see what 31 will bring my way!
My Bucket List
Visit Australia – Done in October 2015 for our honeymoon!
Eat the Waffle Mac n’ Cheese at Andiron Steak and Sea in Las Vegas – Done in December of 2015 for our Christmas Road Trip!
3. Meal plan and follow a monthly budget – Update in 4/18 – Meal Planning went out the window. But, we have put a budget in place and have done really well with it so far! We have even started putting money away for retirement and trips, each week! Update 2/19 – I would still like to do this. I have been recording what I eat to see how it makes me feel. I have been having some stomach aches after eating certain things so I am trying to figure out what they exactly are. Update 3/20 – THIS HAS TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR!!!
4. Blog about more personal adventures – Take a look at some of the Honeymoon adventures on the blog!!! Update 4/18 – I will be going on three different trips this year so make sure to check back for these adventures! Update 2/19 – I went on a few trips last year and am finally getting around to editing those photos, so hopefully I will get them done soon! Update 3/20 – Still haven’t updated the blog, but I did get the Oregan and South Carolina trip edited!
5. Visit 911 Memorial
6. Visit Mayan Ruins
7. Visit Paris, Italy, and Greece – We are planning for 2020! Update 3/20 – this trip has postponed. We learned that Greece isn’t the safest, and Ryan has not been to Hawaii. It will be his last state before he has visited all 50. So we are planning that for 2021!
8. See the Northern Lights in Alaska – We would love to go on a Cruise for this 🙂
9. Learn how to make buttercream icing
10. Redo my kitchen and also the living room and bedroom flooring – Plan to repaint the kitchen cabinets are in the works for May of this year! Update 2/19 – My mom painted the cabinets and they look amazing! We have also bought the flooring and backsplash and have our countertops picked out! Update 3/20 – We have our kitchen 95% done! Just need to install the fan and a few pieces of trim. The living room floor is done and our arches are gone!
11. Host a Friendsgiving – Update 2/19 – We have such an array of friends and not a big enough house to host, so this may have to wait until we move!
12. Create a Book list of 30 and read them
Tour Wine Country in California – Done in December 2015. My husband and I ended up purchasing 16 great bottles of wine and a case of beer 🙂
Learn Calligraphy – This was so cool! I hope to continue to practice this technique!
15. Get caught up on Scrapbooks – I really don’t think that this is going to happen, so I may make some Shutterfly books instead. Update 3/20 – I would still like to update my Shutterfly books or at least get all of my photos organized by year.
16. Take a pottery class
17. Begin Yoga – Update 4/18 – I will be starting Yoga in June 2018! Update 2/19 – I Loved doing Yoga, but got so busy with wedding season, so I postponed my membership until June 2019. Update 3/20 – I still have my gym membership. I love Yoga and Zumba, but might cancel this year and try this OBE program.
18. Try 52 new recipes – I really need to start a list of these recipes!
19. Take a train to somewhere in the US
20. Be part owner of a Winery – Still our Dream! – Update 3/20 – This is becoming a reality! Ryan and I are so excited to be patterning with Les and Trish to learn the business and how to make wine! The transfer will happen over the course of the next 10 years!
Be a mentor for photography – Update 2/19 – I was a part of the Omaha Photo Collaborative Group and was able to be a mentor for a few months. It was a great experience!
Shoot an In-Home Engagement Session – Update 4/18 – This In-home session was a blast! I can’t wait to do another one!
Put together a Styled Shoot – Update 4/18 – Celene with CK Artistry, Natalie with I Bloom and Adorned Bridal were a part of this amazing shoot that Schuyler had modeled for!
I have loved looking back at this to see what all I have done and what we still want to accomplish. Can’t wait to see what the next 30 years bring! #dreamchasin